Director of Programming
Director of Programming, North Forge Technology Exchange
North Forge (NF) is a business incubator designed to grow Manitoba’s economy by supporting entrepreneurs and innovators with the commercialization of innovation. NF offers mentorship, programming, and connection to a community of tech entrepreneurs.
The Director is responsible for providing operational development and oversight of the NF program and business development support to innovators and entrepreneurs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, development and implementation of Entrepreneurial Start Up and Growth programming
- Provide leadership and strategic support for the design, development and implementation of other North Forge programming and special projects
- Team lead of the marketing & communications and program specialist staff, specific to the Start Up and Growth programs
- Oversee mentor recruitment, retention, and development, specific to the Start Up and Growth Programs
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key community partners, community leaders, and organizations to ensure long-term success of strategic goals
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the entrepreneurial community and program participants to ensure long-term success of program goals
- Assess new program applicants to determine eligibility within the various business development stages of North Forge’s programming (ready, willing, and able)
- Design, develop and implement entrepreneurial skill development that increases business acumen for the participants’ program success
- Weekly coaching sessions with program participants that support program success
- Continuous monitoring and assessment of program participants (weekly)
- Regularly produce or obtain reports demonstrating the performance of the program participants, and providing triage recommendations
- Work with strategic and community partners to build capacity of North Forge Start Up and Growth program delivery
- Maintain an international entrepreneurial resource network that supports the success of program participants
- Oversee the management of mentor and coaching relationships, initiatives, and development
- Create a climate for innovation that supports the growth of the program participants and organization. Champion and facilitate the development of breakthrough research, solutions, and processes to bring in changes and new ideas that improve entrepreneurial services, methods, or approaches
- Manage the design, development, and execution of the Start Up and Growth programs
- Team lead specific to the Start Up and Growth programs assigning and overseeing the activities of the marketing, communications and program staff
- Regularly produce or obtain reports demonstrating the performance of the program key performance indicators providing recommendations on necessary program adjustments, including marketing efforts, sales approach and/or partnership adjustments, specific to the Start-Up and Growth programs
- Continuously monitor and assess new market developments to ensure that the North Forge Start-Up and Growth program offer the highest degree of market relevance
- Liaise with and coordinate a network of mentors and coaches, who can work with entrepreneurs to help grow their businesses
- Support the coordination of activities and events to integrate entrepreneurs with mentors/coaches
- Work with strategic and community partners to recruit new entrepreneurs, companies and mentors into North Forge
- Implement and evaluate special projects as required
- In collaboration with NF leadership, identify opportunities to enhance program, operational, business efficiencies and quality, while supporting the execution of the change management processes
- Foster a positive, collaborative, and productive work environment
- College or university graduate is an asset
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Entrepreneurial experience is necessary
- Experience and/or knowledge in business development and innovation processes
- Experience working with corporate partners is necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strategic partnerships
- Has managed a team of at least 6 people and running a team of at least 10 volunteers is necessary
- Exceptional verbal and written skills and the ability to perform and communicate in a rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of standard computer software and modern office equipment; advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to exercise good judgment, act with tact, and protect confidential information
- Ability and willingness to problem-solve
An eligibility list may be established for future competitions.
Salary Considerations: North Forge offers a competitive salary and benefits package to all employees. Please state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Closing Date: February 19, 2020, at 4:30 p.m.
- English (Preferred)