Quality Assurance Coordinator
WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. Westman empowers our team members to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Director, Operations, the Quality Assurance Coordinator provides quality assurance (QA) for the Construction and Maintenance Team, the Broadband Installation and Repair Team (both residential and business) and the Network Services Team by performing QA checks and providing recommendations for improvement.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct individual quality assurance inspections on an ongoing basis
- Develop and ensure that quality assurance inspections cover a broad-spectrum including craft, process, and internal as well as industry standards adherence and safety
- Provide direct and indirect coaching, training, and mentoring to all field related personnel; create training reference materials using industry standards and manage applicable training documentation or online tutorial systems
- Give technical presentations to existing and prospective customers as required
- Report results of inspected work as required and maintain an organized repository of documentation on day-to-day operations
- Perform safety checks and inspections while onsite
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- 2-year Electronic Technician course or a minimum of 80% in one of the following certifications: NCTI or SCTE System and Service Technician or SCTE Broadband Distribution Specialist Certification
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in customer service, electronics and network installation & repair, and residential & commercial wiring
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Outside Plant construction and maintenance
- Exceptional customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills (including both written and verbal communication)
- Strong understanding of construction wiring practices is required; understanding of Wi-Fi networking and Data Centre Installation Practices is considered an asset
- Valid certification in Basic Rescuer CPR, Emergency First Aid, and Health & Safety
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license, be comfortable with heights, and be able to carry up to 75 lbs
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.