Network Analyst - Access Network
WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities that we serve. We empower our team to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Team Lead – Network Services, the Network Analyst – Access Network will be responsible for designing, dimensioning, building, and testing the access network infrastructure (DOCSIS and FTTX) used for service delivery to our residential and business customers.
What you’ll do:
- Network planning for the access network using short term (6-12 months) forecasting data.
- Capacity monitoring and network expansion planning to support traffic growth.
- Supporting Business Development and Marketing/Sales groups to offer competitive products.
- Implementing access network projects that will include FTTX expansion into new communities, RPHY/MACPHY rollout, node splits, mid-split deployments, other migrations/optimization etc.
- Document network architecture, as-builts, connectivity diagrams, maintenance records etc.
- Make recommendations for service/product improvement.
- Interface with vendors and carriers to improve product offerings and platform enhancements.
- Ensure new services are structured to the centralized operational model.
- Implement network changes in accordance with departmental change policy.
- Provide supervision and technical trainings to junior team members.
- Have a commitment towards an excellent customer experience.
- 5 years’ experience in an ISP or MSO environment with excellent knowledge and experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining DOCSIS and FTTX infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, information systems or a closely related field.
- Minimum of one of the following certifications: Cisco CCNA or CCNP Service Provider, Juniper JNCIP-SP or JNCIS-SP, SCTE DOCSIS Engineering Professional, Any FTTX certifications or training, and/or MEF-CECP/MEF-SDCP.
- Thorough understanding of advanced routing and switching protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS, etc.), and HFC/DOCSIS network infrastructure including the latest architecture and technologies such as DAA, DOCSIS 4.0 standard, FDD, RPHY, MACPHY, etc.
- Excellent understanding of CMTS and CCAP core including virtualized CMTS/CCAP as well as troubleshooting and capacity planning for wired access networks
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.