We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
Over the past year, we have been working incredibly hard to transform our products and services to make them better than ever before - and we are just getting started. Now, we are looking for an exceptional UX&D manager to help lead our growing design team in Canada.
At Skip, we work in cross-functional teams made up of Designers, Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers. The way we work is collaborative and fast-paced. We want to discover what our users will love as soon as we can.
As a member of the design leadership team, you’ll be responsible for leading the Canadian design practice. You’ll build up a design culture and ensure that we have a clear user-centred vision, which aligns with our product strategy. You will work closely with your design peers around the globe, lead by example, and coach and mentor our designers to the next level.
If you are keen to join a growing and successful company and want to see your work help millions of people, please get in touch.
What’s On Your Plate:
The UX&D Manager will be accountable for:
- Management of at least one UX&D team (which might be composed of UX or UI Designers and/or UX Researchers) including line management and fostering a culture of high performance.
- Able to act as the voice of the consumer or restaurant partner or courier, be passionate about their needs and be a vocal advocate for continually improving their experience with Just Eat.
- Support product design frameworks, cross-functional team workflows, optimized design team structures, learning platforms and talent acquisition strategies as set out by the Head of User Experience and Design, with the ultimate goal of turning the team (or teams) into a world-class product design team.
- Delivery of multiple UX&D projects and ensuring high quality is maintained in all work.
- Work effectively with the Heads of Design, Product and Technology to identify strategic business opportunities through UX&D; and have the ability to deliver these changes to the wider organization with the support of the Head of User Experience and Design.
- Recruitment; participates in the recruitment within the design discipline.
- Line management, coaching and mentoring designers.
Recipe for Success:
- Minimum of 6+ years of commercial experience at a Senior/Lead level in a predominantly client-side, high-volume B2C/B2B role.
- Stakeholder management experience across numerous departments.
- Experience of looking broadly at least two of the many UX&D disciplines (UX, UI, Research), both within their organisation and the wider marketplace within which they operate.
- Presenting or facilitating design talks/workshops to non-design audiences externally and to the wider organisation.
- Experience line managing, mentoring and coaching designers in great design practices.
- Experience delivering a design vision or strategy which has shaped multiple teams roadmap.
- Significant experience creating and using varied design processes and frameworks to deliver high quality UX&D work across complex, large scale projects .
- You care about creating great solutions that delight and inspire users.
- You are a passionate advocate for our users.
- You like working in a collaborative team.
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring others.
- You enjoy working in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment.
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.