Our client is revolutionizing technology in Canada, and there’s a lot of room for more optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help them continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of their industry-leading technology.
They continually look for high performers who are excited to join their entrepreneurial team. They are a technology and logistics company that partners with clients across North America. As a Manitoba born organization, they are providing exceptional experience to users by leveraging leading-edge technology.
What you bring to the table:
- Deep understanding of Java 8 and peripheral tools.
- Strong application of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging.
- Ability to deliver the best patterns and practices to solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services and message brokers.
- Exceptional knowledge of Java 8, lambdas, and streaming functionality.
- Experience implementing engineering best practices such as TDD, building monitoring metrics, and code reviews.
- Understanding of continuous delivery, deployment, and integration.
- Previous exposure to data persistence in relational, MySQL, unstructured and/or cached forms.
- Work with the product team, providing technical knowledge and expertise helping to design the future of our products.
What you are responsible for:
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging
- Solid understanding of consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services
- Exceptional knowledge of Java, especially Java 8 lambdas and streaming functionality
- Passion for engineering practices such as TDD, pair programming, and code reviews
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, deployment and integration
- Work with data persistence in relational, MySQL, unstructured and/or cached forms
- Knowledge about software architecture and its patterns
- Design and model applications with tools such as DDD
- Be familiar with working on cloud infrastructure environments, such as AWS.
- Basic knowledge of Google Cloud Platform, Data Lake and BigQuery would be an asset.
What you can expect from them:
- They take ownership of our work and work closely with our team
- They move quickly, take risks, and know how to manage the risks
- Regularly refactoring to improve their existing systems — technical debt isn’t an excuse
- Unit tests and code reviews are at their core — confidence in their pull request is the result
- They constantly push their app’s technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges
- They face challenges no one can predict — and meet them head-on as a team
- When they have an idea that serves a need, they run with it
- Their teams are kept tight and efficient
What they give back to you:
- Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
- Those mentioned above are just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
- Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory
If you have any questions, please contact our resident Talent Acquisition Specialist - Marny Barnes or visit our Career Page for more opportunities! We are not able to hire (or sponsor) out-of-country applicants that do not have a current Permanent Resident Status or Work Visa.
Resolute Technology Solutions