Senior iOS Developer Consultant
Area of expertise:
About the Role
We believe that the best Mobile Engineers obsess over quality, consistency, and performance. As an seasoned iOS developer at Avanade, you will be presented with an amazing opportunity to develop interesting and challenging mobile applications and receive mentorship from some of the brightest minds in Toronto’s Software Engineer Community.
On your first project, you will be a part of an agile team - working alongside your colleagues and our client to write efficient and optimized code, gathering, and working on requirements, and integrating with their organization to build and deliver a complex solution. In this role, you will be consistently collaborating with your fellow software engineers, product managers, scrum masters, and technical program managers.
We take tremendous pride in creating the best bespoke software for our clients and are thrilled that our team continues to learn and grow together.
- Influence technical strategy to build products clients and their consumers will love
- Contribute to all stages of the software development cycle, including definition, design, development and rollout of iOS-based solutions
- Participate in the integration of on-device solutions with enterprise services, including but not limited to content management, analytics, authentication and profile stores
Identify and fix bugs and bottlenecks
Your technical and business skillset likely includes:
- Expert knowledge of Swift (Objective-C nice to have)
- Experience in all parts of native iOS development lifecycle including application development (application structure, device and operating system API's, debugging, performance, security), 3rd party integration points, deployment, updating and roll-out.
- Strong command in computer science concepts and programming best practices (OOP, SOLID, Design Patterns)
- Experience with common mobile application architecture patterns (MVVM, MVC, MVP) and Test-Driven Development
- Experience with dependency injection and reactive programming (RxSwift) frameworks
- Experience with and a desire to learn other mobile technologies, including Android, Flutter, React Native etc.
- Experience consuming web services (REST) and processing data (XML/JSON)