We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Professional at SkipTheDishes, you will work with an elite team of developers to build scalable systems and troubleshoot using various tools. You will also be responsible for ensuring our services and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production. You will be responsible for product functionality and scaling services or introducing new services; mitigating risks and making sure systems are reliable.
- 6+ years of experience working with MySQL, MariaDB, Percona Databases and/or other databases.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with AWS RDS (Aurora, DynamoDB and Redshift etc.)
- Should support/Administer, maintain, and monitor Aurora databases in AWS.
- Perform 24x7 advanced tier troubleshooting, including off-hour maintenance and optimization activities, problem resolution, and on-call.
- Possess a working knowledge of database internals including locks, waits, transaction consistency, data integrity, and recovery paths.
- Knowledge of containerization such as Docker.
- Must have performed MySQL/Aurora (cloud) database upgrades and patching with minimum downtime (rolling upgrades/patches).
- Should have worked directly with developers and engineers to review database models and design, indexes and queries.
- Perform database backups and recovery.
- Must know techniques of backing up tables, databases, utilities for backup and restoring them to a point-in-time or restore a master.
- Design and build Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Should possess strong architecture knowledge and concept of infrastructure, storage, networking and databases.
- Have a reasonable understanding of network security and access concepts on the cloud (AWS) such as VPC, security groups, NACL’s, bastion servers.
- Should possess strong security concepts and data protection strategies including encryption and fine-grained access controls.
- Implement proper security and access controls and keep the databases patched for security vulnerabilities.
- Have sufficient knowledge of hardware and software load balancers.
- Must be familiar with all replication technology: master-master, master-slave, circular etc.
- Must possess expert troubleshooting skills of cluster and other database wait events, concurrencies, bottlenecks.
- Possess Experience and expert knowledge of configuring and monitoring, tuning and improving the performance of database and slow queries.
- Work with applications (web or client-server) on infrastructure/systems with caching tiers that impact performance and availability.
- Design and model data structures and help identify slower SQL queries and then tune them.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware, versions of Linux and Database for new installs.
- Perform Capacity planning and evaluate database growth.
- Plan capacity, scale performance and make the databases highly available.
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.