We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
What’s On Your Plate:
- Operate in a similar function to infrastructure/operational engineering roles, such as in Service Engineering.
- Ensure continuous improvements by proposing and implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make the team more effective.
- Track the progress being made towards the wider goals of the team, and transparently communicate this with your immediate team, Technology Manager and wider tech team.
- Leads by following, supporting, and improving company-wide processes while coaching and transitioning knowledge to other team members.
- Transparently communicates on their progress and discusses ideas with their team and Technology Manager. Shares new practices, patterns, standards with the team.
- Participate vocally within your sphere of influence, which will include your immediate peers, wider tech team peers, and business stakeholders.
Recipe for Success:
- Experience with leading on tasks, projects or people which have been proven in development activities or in practice.
- A background in operating security tools; creating and maintaining runbooks; creating and following processes.
- A desire to learn and coach others.
- Interest in current and emerging information security threats, trends & tools.
- Has subject matter expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
- Passion and enthusiasm about security engineering and its processes.
- Honesty and openness about your skill level.
- Ability to apply problem-solving skills to technical issues & conduct standard investigations independently.
- Good communicator.
- Follows the standards and practices laid out by the team.
- Promotes security culture activities.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions. May lead functional projects or workstreams within a project. Work independently, identify innovation solutions, while receiving minimal guidance.
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.