We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
Over the past year, we have been working incredibly hard to transform our products and services to make them better than ever before - and we are just getting started. Now, we are looking for an exceptional Lead Designer to join our growing design team.
At Skip, we work in cross-functional teams made up of Designers, Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers. The way we work is collaborative and fast-paced. We want to discover what our users will love as soon as we can. We like to explore problems in-depth and we like to get our users in to speak with us every few weeks, to explore what we are working on and help us understand their needs.
As a member of the design leadership team, you’ll be responsible for leading designers across multiple teams, and ensuring that we have a clear user-centred vision, which aligns with our product strategy. You will lead by example and help us take our products and our designers to the next level.
While much of your time will be spent working directly on problems, you will also be joining a team of 40 creatives, made up Product Designers, UX Designers, UI Designers, User Researchers and Copywriters.
If you are keen to join a growing and successful company and want to see your work help millions of people, please get in touch.
What’s On Your Plate:
The Lead Designer will be accountable for:
- Creating and leading the design strategy for multiple teams, including initiatives that span multiple departments.
- Working directly with key business stakeholders to identify and analyze opportunities to improve our products in ways that will deliver significant user value.
- Ensuring a healthy pipeline of mid-longer team initiatives that will help drive future innovation, and align with design and business objectives.
- Working effectively in an agile environment to deliver product increments and ensure that requirements are met. Measures and monitors design quality after releases.
- Communication and stakeholder management - Communicates with senior stakeholders throughout the product development process and manages expectations.
- Design Leadership - participate in the design leadership community (Managers and Heads Of) to help drive best practices across the broader design community.
- Recruitment; participates in the recruitment within the design discipline.
- Line management, coaching and mentoring designers.
Recipe for Success:
- Minimum 5+ years in a senior or design/UX leadership position.
- Experience mentoring and coaching designers in great design practices.
- Experience with line management of 1-2 designers is preferred.
- Experience delivering a design vision or strategy which has shaped the roadmap of multiple teams.
- Significant experience creating and using varied design processes and frameworks to deliver high quality UX&D work across complex, large scale projects.
- Commercial awareness, and understands the business value of solving our users problems.
- Experience making user-led decisions, and is comfortable working with user insights e.g. from user research of quantitative insights, data, ethnography.
- Experience setting clear goals, deadlines and key milestones for design discovery, and tracking progress against these successfully.
- Experience in managing and influencing senior stakeholders.
- You are a powerful communicator, comfortable communicating in front of large audiences.
- Experience working closely with product, engineering, business analysis and delivery teams in fast-paced product-led businesses.
- You care about creating great solutions that delight and inspire users.
- You are a passionate advocate for our users.
- You like working in a collaborative team. We like to tackle problems together, in a workshop or using a whiteboard.
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring others.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment.
- You like working client-side but are keen to see your work released quickly and regularly.
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.