WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Director, Finance & MIS, the Business Process Improvement (BPI) Specialist responsibilities include working cross functionally with all Westman Communications Group and Westman Radio Limited department representatives to identify, evaluate, document, prioritize, and schedule business process improvement opportunities; lead, coordinate and support the development, scheduling, and implementation of initiatives to leverage identified opportunities and improve operations; and guide and assist in the documentation of existing and new business process policies and procedures. The BPI Specialist responsibilities also include the management of selected business process improvement projects, based on project complexity, stakeholder department resources, and project development and implementation timelines.
• Interview and engage department representatives to learn, document, and maintain knowledge of internal business processes and employee user needs, requirements, policies, procedures, data inputs and outputs, and process deliverables.
• Collaborate with managers and executive officers to identify and document the key performance indicators, benchmarks, and best practices required to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and decision making.
• Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate the identification of processes requiring review, prioritizing processes to review, and conducting reviews to identify opportunities to increase business process efficiency and effectiveness.
• Analyze current business processes using lean methodology to recommend changes to improve process effectiveness, operational efficiencies, and client experience.
• Conduct effective process stakeholder interviews and workshops to identify, gather and document business requirements for project and business process improvement/automation efforts.
• Identify, document, and recommend new process, process flows, tools or system solutions that are aligned with Westman’s business plan and established communicated priorities.
• Provide input in the design/selection, development/integration, and implementation of new or improved software application solutions to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of new and existing business processes.
• Define business process improvement project scope, determine available human, financial, technological, and other resources, and set realistic time estimates for project completion, based on project priority and resource availability.
• Develop business process improvement project plans that clearly indicate the roles, responsibilities, and tasks of project team members.
• Develop and manage project schedules that clearly define project activities, the sequence of their completion and the estimated time to complete each activity.
• Develop realistic project budgets, during project completion monitor and manage budget utilization, and identify and resolve spending variances.
• Develop and present reports identifying and evaluating areas for business process efficiency and effectiveness improvement, potential improvement alternatives, an improvement recommendation, and proposed implementation plan.
• Develop and maintain periodic project management reports providing current, accurate, and meaningful information regarding project progress; including project scope, schedule, and budget variances, and plans for addressing variances.
• Guide and assist departments in identifying participants, their roles and responsibilities, and the required time and effort to complete process steps.
• Manage the review, evaluation, and documentation of improved business process training requirements, including the current and required training of the individual employees fulfilling impacted positions and identification of training gaps.
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business, data analysis, information technology, business management, project management or a related business process improvement field and/or 2+ years of equivalent experience.
• Accredited course in business process improvement, project management, data analysis or equivalent experience.
• 2 to 3 years of professional experience in business process analysis, documentation, and improvement.
• 2 to 3 years of professional experience with a focus on delivering process and operations enhancement deliverables.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to determine and ask probing follow up questions.
• Proven experience identifying and delivering business process improvements and developing and writing policies, standardized process documents/manuals, and analytical reports
• Experience with applying statistical analysis to quantitative and qualitative data
• Experience as a project manager, including project schedule and budget monitoring, identifying, and addressing variances
• Exposure in IT system and software application review, evaluation, selection, and implementation, including software vendor engagement
• Strong analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills; ability to conduct statistical analysis
• Professional, responsive, and accountable with a positive work attitude
• Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON on Monday, March 8th, 2021.
When applying for this position, please reference the position title in the subject line and/or the body of the email.