Position: Full Time
Location: Flexible (Headquarters in Winnipeg, Canada) | Work from Home
Reports to: Co-founders & Tech Team
Hoot Reading is one of Canada’s fastest growing EdTech startups! We connect emerging readers and real teachers to practice reading over our proprietary video chat App. We are expanding and are looking for a highly organized technical professional to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to make a tangible contribution within an entrepreneurial tech company that is disrupting the traditional tutoring industry.
Working with the technical team, the Programer will build, maintain, update, the Hoot Reading 2.0 PWA application. Assist development team with sprint and stretch goals for product development as well as maintain the backlog and squash bugs.
- 2 years with Angular, React, or comparable MVC.
- Fluent, coherent and understanding of GIT
- Familiarity with Kanban or Agile development.
- Some project based experience (personal projects are ideal)
- Maintain good communication and documentation
- Follow best practices in project tasks board
- Help build best practices for ongoing development
- Document and maintain code
An ideal candidate possess:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Programming experience (3+ years (school counts))
- Project implementation experience
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
Self qualifies as:
- A quick learner and a self starter.
- Flexible and nimble.
- Maturity in working from home and on a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work independently and productively to meet internal deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send salary expectations, a resume, and a brief paragraph on why you would like to join our team to email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.