WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
The incumbent in this role is expected to have an advanced level of knowledge for cable/FTTx video networks with a strong desire to learn new technologies and be able to respond to trouble tickets/ticket escalations as well as participating in time-averaging and being part of an on-call rotation.
• Monitor, upkeep, and develop the video services network in line with the WCG network evolution plan
• Provide infrastructure support to the legacy and next generation video service products
• Provide technical support to ensure high service availability, security, and reliable operation that is transparent to the end customer
• Resolve all trouble reports from monitoring systems in accordance with the operations service level objectives; escalate all network service issues to management/vendors appropriately
• Conduct technical research, product evaluation, assist in vendor evaluations, recommend product purchases, and conduct in-house training
• Plan and coordinate all changes to systems and services according to established change management procedures
• Continually learn and be able to troubleshoot all components of WCG’s video delivery system, internet and data delivery system, voice service platform, and radio station broadcast paths
• Identify and recommend changes to improve performance, security, and reliability for the above-mentioned systems
• Maintain familiarity with and be able to troubleshoot AC/DC power systems and standby power systems
• 2 years of experience in a network services field including hands-on video network experience
• Equivalent to completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information systems or a closely related field. Possession of one or more approved information technology certificates and/or completion of other approved technology-related training may substitute for some or all the required education.
• Minimum of one of the following designations: SCTE Digital Video Engineering Professional, Certified Broadcast Network Engineer, Minerva Networks training Cisco CCNA/CCDP, Red Hat RHCE and/or Microsoft MCSE
• Experience with website development, HTML, and SQL
• Strong documentation skills, oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills; good diagnostic, problem solving and analytical skills
• Able to hold and maintain a valid driver’s license and be bondable
• Willing and able to be available for emergency services as required
• Good networking knowledge focused on multicast environments including familiarity with the following: DHCP, NTP, DNS, multicast routing (incl. PIM, SM, and SSM), IGMP, multicast filtering and scoping techniques
• Exposure to HLS, MPEG-DASH, and FFMPEG
• Knowledge of the following:
o Multiplexers/groomers, transcoders, edge QAM modulators, VOD, CAS/IP-scramblers
o STB entitlement systems including Minerva back-office system, DAC and other components of Arris Conditional Access system as well as PRISM and TiVo portals
o MPEG2, H.264 and MPEG-TS standards
o General IPV technologies and products including multiplexers, transcoders, edge QAM modulators, CDN (Origin and Edge Cache servers), network storage systems, VOD servers, STBs, IPTV monitoring and other headend equipment
o Scripting and development tools including PHP, Perl, Python etc.
o Designing, implementing, optimizing, and troubleshooting legacy and next generation (IPTV) platforms; expertise in using and integrating IPTV solutions with provisioning and billing/CRM systems
o RF fundamentals as it applies to cable networks o MS Windows and general desktop support issues o Linux and general Linux support issues
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON on Thursday, January 28, 2021.
When applying for this position, please reference the position title in the subject line and/or body of the email.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: