Email Marketing Strategist
What is Bold Commerce?
Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce is a software company specializing in innovative ecommerce apps and solutions for businesses of all sizes. We empower merchants both big and small by providing them with tools to make their ecommerce stores truly awesome.
Zippo, Rooster Teeth, and DJ Khaled are among the list of 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries around the world that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly give a shit about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the Builders Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs and values that help to shape this amazing company. We believe in challenging each other to create the best products and to constantly improve, all to ensure we deliver the best results to our merchants at all times.
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have worked to create and maintain a place that our employees look forward to coming to every day. A place where you can learn and grow, where your ideas are valued and where you can do cool things, all while contributing to the larger success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration in order to allow everyone to do their best work every day.
We’re looking for an email marketing pro to drive one of Bold’s most important communication channels. The Email Marketing Strategist will be responsible for planning, developing and executing all email marketing at Bold. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the role is focused on increasing the use of email marketing to drive engagement (traffic), conversion (revenue, APM) and loyalty with our target audiences. Both analytical and creative, the email marketing strategist will be a Hubspot super-user and will work closely with marketing, product and sales teams to grow our email database and to plan, execute, measure and optimize email marketing activities.
Here's What You'll Do
- Email planning, list pulls, segmentation, email development, scheduling and deployment, A/B testing, post-campaign analysis and performance reporting.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues on the role of email in campaigns/initiatives including key messaging and design requirements, and the use of personalization and segmented email marketing.
- Own and analyze life cycle marketing - working to continuously improve and optimize.
- Work with sales and marketing leadership to develop and manage nurture campaigns that guide prospects through appropriate funnels
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and implement email acquisition strategies.
- Create/co-create, edit, proof, schedule and deploy all email marketing messages.
- Institute disciplines in testing to measure/adjust all aspects of email marketing, and recommend and apply business rules.
- Track, analyze and share results of email campaigns to guide continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance and best practices with CASL (Canada), CAN-SPAM (US) and GDPR legislation, as well as customer data/access and privacy policies.
- Assist with other digital marketing projects as requested.
Here's What We Need From You
- Post secondary education in Communications, Marketing or Business, but your resume, portfolio and work experience will speak for itself.
- 2-5 years experience in a digital marketing, e-commerce or marketing communications field.
- Email marketing strategy, execution and platform experience. Hubspot or related email or marketing software is required.
- Passion for email and digital marketing.
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and especially through writing.
- Amazing organizational and prioritization skills.
- Proactive and resourceful - curious problem solver with can-do attitude.
- Customer focused - internal and external.
- Shows initiative and ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
Other Skills That Will Get You Far
- Experience in eCommerce or the tech industry.
At Bold, we work hard and we play hard! If you are a potential Builder and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other!
We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out. Go above and beyond when you apply so you don’t get lost in the mix. Talk about a cool project you’ve done, drop us a link to your github or portfolio if applicable, or just impress us with your personality.
Show us that you have what it takes to be Bold! Apply now.