Maximize your IT investments by pairing your business with a dedicated support team of the world’s top Microsoft subject-matter experts. Providing customization solutions complete with enhancement and add-on services, Premier Support helps our customers proactively address risks, minimize downtime, and streamline operations to improve efficiency and accelerate business growth. The Premier Support Team is part of the Microsoft Services division and consists of Support Professionals, Premier Field Engineers and Technical Account Managers (TAM). A Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a trusted business advisor to Microsoft's Premier Support customers providing valuable guidance around operations and optimization of their IT infrastructure through quality Service Delivery Management.
The TAM works closely with the customer to provide proactive support assistance to prevent issues from occurring. By maintaining a long-term relationship with their customers a TAM gains an understanding of their IT organizations' impact on the overall business, their IT goals, and their challenges. This knowledge is used by the TAM to construct a Service Delivery Plan ensuring their customers' operational success with Microsoft Technologies. The TAM plays a pivotal role in ensuring that Microsoft is considered and viewed as a key technology partner in the successful operation of the customers' IT environment. The Technical Account Manager will also have excellent working relationships with other representatives of Microsoft who will be active within his/her account(s).
- Achieve customer health through service delivery, planning and execution; customer satisfaction; emphasis on prevention and consultative advice (ITIL); management of support services to Enterprise customers.
- Establish a long term and sustainable relationship with their customers for support
- Organize regular support delivery and contract status review meetings with customers
- Establish and document future client projects and IT initiatives in order to best support their customers
- Create and maintain a Service Delivery Plan per customer account
- Clearly plan, request resources and maintain project leadership of the various components of the Microsoft Premier Support Services (Health checks, Workshops, pro-active services, etc.)
- Work and collaborate with various Microsoft resources (consultants, engineers and account teams)
- Be the ambassador for Microsoft at their customer and an advocate for their clients within Microsoft.
- Manage, escalate and drive satisfactory resolution of customers’ technical support, service and infrastructure issues based on Microsoft product and technology
- Proactively and reactively interface on-site with customers in the management of technical issues as well as collaborating in planning, implementation, skills and knowledge transfer and day-to-day operation of new/upgraded Microsoft technologies
- Provide information and recommend best practices for the management of Microsoft technologies in accordance with the
- Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF).
- Proactively monitor technical issues pertaining to Microsoft technologies at customer sites and make recommendations to reduce the risk/impact of similar future problems.
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current and pre-released Microsoft systems and products, as well as their integration and methods of support delivery.
- Maintain current knowledge on industry issues/trends and competitive products.
- Lead in sharing of best practices with team members to contribute to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- 5+ years’ experience in an enterprise support environment with a strong understanding of corporate account support needs and knowledge of support industry
- Exceptional Time Management skills
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with managing customer-facing critical and complex situations or incidents
- A positive and constructive minded team player
- Account management experience and/or customer engagement responsibility
- General Knowledge of Microsoft’s Enterprise Products
- MCITP-EA Certification is considered an asset
- ITIL certification is considered an asset
- University degree in Technology or related Certifications are considered an asset
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.