Intermediate Application Support Analyst
Want an interesting and challenging career that you can be proud of? We are adding an Intermediate Application Support Analyst to our Managed Services team. As part of the Application team, you would provide superior technical support for Resolute and our clients. You will need to have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and the ability to listen, allowing you to efficiently decipher client needs. Conflict resolution and strong leadership skills are second nature to you because you truly understand what it takes to deliver top notch results.
What you will be responsible for:
- Contribute to ongoing support for one or more specialized critical business applications
- Active involvement in contributing to process, service and/or strategy and direction for application support services
- Research problem tickets to resolve data, setup, and application code issues to provide responsive correction of issues
- Assist in prioritization of enhancements and defect resolution.
- Monitor automated system alerts, log files, and other monitoring tool outputs
- Create automation where possible to reduce or eliminate manual tasks
- Work with software vendors to design and develop emergency patches to address critical production issues
- Manage third party vendors acting as a liaison for the client on complex technical issues
- Perform application software and website installations on new servers (and upgrades)
- Assist in providing support by participating in regular on-call rotation
- Work directly with clients and key business stakeholders to troubleshoot and resolve key issues
- Act as key application administrator for client business application providing analysis and configuration services
- Produce ad hoc database queries and/or reports as required
- Develop scripts and/or applications to assist with the automation of routine tasks
- Manage development, UAT and production application environments, working closely with operations personnel
- Conduct root cause analysis on issues that lead to implementation of processes to prevent repetitive issues
- Maintain knowledge base and operational documentation
- Work on internal continuous improvement projects to better improve managed services support model and processes
- Follow established Service Desk procedures for Level 2 and 3 support and update/follow ticket procedures
- Support other Resolute team members with knowledge sharing, brainstorming, coaching, collaboration, etc. as requested or required
- Demonstrate the principles of exceptional client service with a focus on critical thinking and effective communication that supports anticipating clients’ needs
- Perform other special projects/services as assigned for Resolute and/or their clients
- Conduct regular status and service assessment reviews to ensure Resolute’s and their clients’ objectives and service level agreements are being met or exceeded
- Ability to work Shift Work (evenings/weekends/holidays)
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or another related field.
- Three to five years’ experience in an Application Support, Production Support or Tier II Software Support role ideal
- At least two or more years of intermediate level or advanced level SQL experience;
- Experience with SSRS would be an asset.
- Excellent diagnostic, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of networks, security, client/server model in a Windows Server environment.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of technical experience (developers, operations team, customers’ users and support staff
- Understanding of traditional software development life cycle and problem tracking systems.
- Ability to work in team environment, while being self-directed, proactive and action oriented.
- Familiarity with Relational Database tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use and application of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of IIS, source control application(s), Microsoft .NET (C#, VB), VBA and PowerShell
- Familiarity with legacy languages such VB 6 and classic ASP a plus.
- Understanding of MS SQL Server or other relational databases including stored procedure development. Proficient with troubleshooting SQL errors and tracing problems in queries and custom code
- Experience with Power BI would be an asset
- SharePoint Administration would be an asset
- Experience with ITIL would be an asset
What RTS gives back to you:
- A collaborative and creative work environment that truly values and cares about their employees as people
- Bonus Program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Training and education opportunities
- A fun and inclusive team building environment
If you have any questions, please contact our resident Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist - Marny Barnes or visit our Career Page for more opportunities! We are not able to hire (or sponsor) out-of-country applicants that do not have a current Permanent Resident Status or Work Visa.