We’re in search of a cloud support specialist who can navigate the complexities of Azure, cloud-based infrastructure operations and ensure our client systems are highly available and performing optimally. You work with project teams to ensure that new Azure solutions are effectively transitioned into the support environment and that all operational processes and procedures are maintained. You look for opportunities to continuously improve operations while maintaining a stable and efficient environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide operational support of Azure, cloud environments including, but not limited to the following:
- Respond to alerts and resolve incidents
- Prioritize outstanding issues and manage user’s expectations.
- Escalate high priority issues using established guidelines.
- Manage Microsoft Windows and Linux servers and systems in the Azure cloud environment
- Maintain Azure cloud compute and cloud storage environments.
- Perform vendor management of cloud vendors, on behalf of clients, such as:
- Management of service-level agreements (SLAs).
- Monitor published outage windows and service performance.
- Keep on top of vendor upgrades.
- Provide technical support effectively within established key performance indicators and SLAs.
- Manage cloud infrastructure capacity and performance and make recommendations as needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues with infrastructure Azure services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Execute patch management and security vulnerability maintenance plans on cloud environments.
- Manage antivirus control software and security updates.
- Manage client backup and recovery systems.
- Manage and operate cloud-based automation.
- Respond to cloud system security alerts and take corrective action as required.
- Follow and update established service desk and ticket procedures (for Level 2 and 3 support).
- Monitor and keep up with industry trends in cloud computing to understand their applicability to current implementations while working with other cloud engineers.
- Operate and support file-share security access models.
- Adhere to standard operational and support procedures.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure operational support documentation.
- Assist with preparation of client deliverables including, but not limited to, technical reports and presentations.
- Assist with the creation of proposals for client engagements.
- Support other team members with knowledge sharing, brainstorming, coaching, collaboration, etc. as requested or required.
- Demonstrate the principles of exceptional client service with a focus on critical thinking and effective communication that supports anticipating clients’ needs.
- Participate in change management strategies and plans used to promote adoption of the solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or other training and relevant experience.
- Relevant Microsoft Azure certification as an administrator (other cloud-related certifications are also desirable).
- Minimum 2-3 years of progressive experience supporting and maintaining server and storage solutions deployed in Azure.
- Strong knowledge of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Minimum 4-5 years expertise in Windows operating systems engineering and administration.
- Minimum 1-2 years expertise in supporting Linux-based components in the Azure environment and operating systems engineering and administration.
What RTS gives back to you:
- A collaborative and creative work environment that truly values and cares about their employees as people
- Bonus Program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Training and education opportunities
- A fun and inclusive team building environment
Work From Home and Remote Working
Although Resolute is based in Winnipeg, MB, “Work From Home” and remote working is an option for this role. Considering the Covid-19 pandemic, we want to ensure the safety of our staff and clients. Opportunities to work from home will continue afterwards based on the candidate’s preference and ability to work remotely. We service clients remotely and on-site (when it is safe to do so) across Canada including Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal, Trois-Rivieres, Vancouver, and other cities. We are accepting qualified candidates from across Canada to apply for this role if they can work remotely.
If you have any questions, please contact our resident Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist - Marny Barnes or visit our Career Page for more opportunities! We are not able to hire (or sponsor) out-of-country applicants that do not have a current Permanent Resident Status or Work Visa.
Resolute Technology Solutions