We’re in search of a cloud engineer who can seamlessly mesh tech know-how with business acumen to help us navigate all our clients’ cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support, planning and everything in between. Not only are you experienced in cloud-based tech, but you have a firm grasp of platforms and applications and have intimate knowledge of how best to customize these attributes to our business to help our clients become more secure and efficient. You will have the ability to help us connect the dots and evolve our cloud capabilities over time. You will also evolve your own capabilities as an engineer while keeping an eye on developments that can support our expansion and helping us implement those too.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and implement optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients while working in tandem with our team.
- Plan and deliver infrastructure transformations and migrations by creating, implementing and supporting scalable, high-performing cloud solutions.
- Configure and deploy Microsoft Windows and Linux servers and systems using automation techniques and cloud service provider user interfaces (graphical, API and CLI).
- Conduct virtualized server, workstation and infrastructure integration, administration, troubleshooting, backup and recovery.
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with security guidelines.
- Deploy and debug cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives and provide associated training as required.
- Lead and develop best practices for the larger overall cloud team.
- Implement the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrate and automate cloud-based platforms.
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they mount into problems.
- Maintain a deep understanding and awareness of technology advancements for future cloud, software and other relative implementations and capabilities to support architecting, engineering and planning activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- Relevant Microsoft Azure certification such as an administrator/security engineer/architect (other cloud-related certifications are also desirable).
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a cloud engineer role or related position.
- Strong knowledge of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in cloud engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team, or independently, as required.
- Advanced level of expertise in Windows operating systems engineering and administration.
- Intermediate level of expertise in Linux operating systems engineering and administration.
- Familiarity with enterprise IT services and architectures.