Senior Technical Architect
Location: Remote Canada
Business Team: Digital Transformation
We are seeking a skilled Technical Architect to join our Winnipeg team. You will engage with different clients and interact with technical and business teams to help stakeholders understand organization and business goals and specific issues to be addressed by the solutions you are creating. You will have the opportunity to work on different assignments to expand your problem domain experience, build your technical skills and expertise, as well as grow your consulting skills. You are a team player who has a desire to learn and grow in their career and help others to do the same.
What you'll do
- Plan and design technical solutions across a range of IT platforms.
- Define, document, and explain the technology stack and direction of new applications.
- Assess and recommend changes to existing products from a technology standpoint.
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams.
- Determine appropriate platforms for application deployment for both cloud and on-premise environments.
- Uncover and develop plans to meet non-functional requirements.
What we'd like
- 10 years' industry experience with a broad knowledge/understanding of IT resources and methodologies, as well as experience in the technical implementation of solutions designed to specific security and scale requirements.
- Must have 3+ years in a leading cloud platform, such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Experience leading solution implementations involving custom application development, package implementation, and/or platform integration.
- Experience delivering solutions requiring information security, privacy, and compliance.
- Hands on experience delivering solutions using cloud-native frameworks and technologies.
- Hands on experience developing with languages and frameworks such as .NET, Java, React, React Native, Angular
- Deep understanding of the dynamics of customer engagements and can define the methods and deliverables to meet the requirements of different types of engagements.
- Demonstrated experience leading project teams to deliver solutions and acting as a liaison between business and technical project team members.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills.
- Experience delivering solution presentations to business executives and technical stakeholders.
- Experience assisting in creating business cases, lobbying for solution acceptance, and directing a team through solution definition, development, and implementation.
- Has made regular and sustained contributions toward a technical and/or managerial knowledge base and/or has made been a regular contributor to the local technical community.
What's in it for you?We have an amazing culture, supportive environment and team members who are both smart and fun to be around. We know everyone says that; but, if you join us, you'll be saying it too. We offer competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Professional Development budget and days.
- Tech-enablement program for home use.
- Career Mentor to help you grow in your career.
- RRSP/401K match program.
- Bonus programs to reward you for your accomplishments.
- Wellness program to help keep everyone healthy.
- Opportunities to connect - book clubs, game nights, Special Interest Groups, "Coffee & Code" for our developer friends, Team Meetings, and much more!