Network and Security Architect
Epic specializes in the creation and management of information communication technology solutions. Our goal is to be the information technology partner of choice for each of our customers. We are proud to be part of the Bell MTS Family group of companies. We know Manitobans best and deliver a full suite of solutions that meets their unique needs and are focused on delivering the best experience at every interaction.
The Network and Security Architect is responsible to assess, identify, and solve network and security related issues in complex infrastructure environments. The successful candidate will develop network and security designs, create security policies, both written and logical, and communicate well at various levels of enterprise, both internally and externally. They will also direct security and network related activities, as well as risk assessments, infrastructure assessments, Data Centre & Campus network and security architectures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, design and maintain network and security architectures
- Develop, design and maintain security policies and protocols
- Analyze, design, advise, implement and develop supporting documentation, policies and procedures to support SMB (small and medium business) and Enterprise level Network and Security environments
- Research, evaluate and recommend new network and security technologies
- Identify security issues and develop protection plans
- Develop system access policies, developing firewalls and cyber security risk modeling and testing systems to ensure security measures are in place
- Investigate incidents and perform root cause analysis to identify solutions
- Perform hands-on support for various networking and security technologies
- Create written design and presentation reports and present them to various stakeholders
- Liaise with various departments and agencies to uncover and manage deficiencies, especially those related to network and security
- Coordinate the application of disaster recovery procedures
- Provide guidance to staff on technology issues when needed
- Liaise with Sales and support groups for Client related projects and needs
- Performs other related duties and completes special projects as assigned
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience
- CCNA/CCNP Route & Switch/Security; Security certifications are considered an asset
- Experience in providing network & security architecture, design, implementation, and support for enterprise environments
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Environment and Virtualization experience with VMWare/Hyper-V/KVM is considered an asset
- Experience with the following:
- Cisco: Routers, Switches – Data center level
- Firewalls: Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet, etc.
- Cloud knowledge (Azure, AWS) will be an asset
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software and hardware related tools and infrastructure
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A Valid Driver’s License and access to vehicle is required
- Local travel is required
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reports to: Manager, Professional Services
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Epic is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable environment where all employees and customers feel value, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.