Data Developer, Remote
Location: Remote Canada
Business Team: Digital Transformation
We are seeking Data Developers with expertise in ETL and/or BI toolsets to join our Technology Consulting team. You will work with amazing development teams on a variety of assignments with different clients. By gathering requirements, doing analysis, and consulting with clients, you will be able to lay a solid data foundation to perform robust analytics. You will have the opportunity to build your technical skills and expertise in both ETL and BI as well as expand your consulting skills. You are a team player who has a desire to learn and grow in their career and has a passion for data.
This opportunity is currently remote.
What you'll do
- Design ETL process and data flow from source systems to data warehouse.
- Develop and unit test ETL processes for optimal performance and performance-tune ETL mappings and report queries.
- Design and develop Business Intelligence solutions to meet end user demands.
- Design physical database objects including fact tables, dimensions, staging, materialized views, and indexes.
What we'd like
- Ability to interact with clients and business users and analyze complex business requirements.
- Hands-on experience in tuning ETL jobs to reduce run-time and increase efficiency through code tuning, hardware deployment, and architecture changes.
- Experience designing and building BI visualizations to meet client needs
- Experience with ETL tools, such as Ab Initio, Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, IBM DataStage, or SAP Data Services.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and MicroStrategy.
- Practical experience with Windows, UNIX, relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server), SQL, Oracle PL/SQL.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing architectures, core concepts, methodologies, and best practices.
- Detail oriented with analytical and problem-solving skills to recognize and identify issues and take proper action to resolve them.
- Experience using software development tools, such as Azure Devops, JIRA, Confluence, Source Code Management, and CI/CD pipelines is considered an asset.
- Up to date on latest technology trends.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP is an asset.
- Experience with Python is an asset.
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning is an asset.
What's in it for you?We have an amazing culture, supportive environment and team members who are both smart and fun to be around. We know everyone says that; but, if you join us, you'll be saying it too. We offer competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Professional Development budget and days.
- Tech-enablement program for home use.
- Career Mentor to help you grow in your career.
- RRSP/401K match program.
- Bonus programs to reward you for your accomplishments.
- Wellness program to help keep everyone healthy.
- Opportunities to connect - book clubs, game nights, Special Interest Groups, "Coffee & Code" for our developer friends, Team Meetings, and much more!