Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Business Team: Digital Transformation
Our growing Winnipeg team is seeking a Business Analyst to act as a liaison among stakeholder groups, with the purpose of understanding the structure, policies, and operations of a client organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the client to achieve their goals. You will have the opportunity to work on different assignments to build your business consulting skills and expertise, as well as your consulting skills. You are a team player who has a desire to learn and grow in their career and help pothers do the same.
What you'll do
- Collect, document, and analyze workflows, as well as develop business process models in collaboration with multidisciplinary stakeholders.
- Facilitate process design sessions to produce detailed process flows and associated documentation.
- Interview system stakeholders and record results, requirements, and recommendations.
- Document current and future state business processes, define and document functional requirements, and conduct information flow analysis and process modeling within and across all disciplines and administrative components.
- Analyze process gaps and information flow obstacles or system issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Align business processes.
- Define user needs and business requirements for applications and systems.
- Translate business needs into high-level technical requirements and solutions.
- Prepare and present related material to project teams, steering committees, and/or stakeholder organizations.
- Analyze information to establish recommendations for improvements in system effectiveness and efficiency.
What we'd like
- 7- 10+ years of experience in formal methods for business analysis requirements gathering, modeling, and diagramming.
- Broad industry experience in Business Process Re-engineering, including business area analysis, process mapping, and business process re-engineering.
- Understanding and experience with different software development methodologies, including SCRUM/Agile.
- Previous experience in insurance or financial services considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in Information Management or Information Technology (or equivalent) with industry experience. (or)
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline. (or)
- Completion of a college program in computer science.
What's in it for you?We have an amazing culture, supportive environment and team members who are both smart and fun to be around. We know everyone says that; but, if you join us, you'll be saying it too. We offer competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Professional Development budget and days.
- Tech-enablement program for home use.
- Career Mentor to help you grow in your career.
- RRSP/401K match program.
- Bonus programs to reward you for your accomplishments.
- Wellness program to help keep everyone healthy.
- Opportunities to connect - book clubs, game nights, Special Interest Groups, "Coffee & Code" for our developer friends, Team Meetings, and much more!