Agile Project Manager
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Business Team: Digital Transformation
Our Winnipeg office has an exciting opportunity for a Agile Project Manager to join our consulting team. As someone who knows how to inspire a shared vision, you will be responsible for planning, managing, monitoring, and controlling projects according to the PMBOK framework. You understand the importance of building strong teams and will mentor and coach your project teams on Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Critical Competencies for Success: Leadership, relationship acumen, delegation skills, excellent communication, detail oriented.
What you'll do
- Ensure client focus in three main areas: ensuring clear and open communication, managing good client relations, and providing expertise in identifying problems and solution alternatives.
- Mentor and coach project teams on Project Management best practices to deliver business value with quality, on time delivery, and within budget.
- Start up and support agile and waterfall projects.
- Facilitate scrum meetings such as sprint demos, sprint planning and estimating, backlog grooming sessions, and retrospectives.
- Create sprint reports including burn up/down charts.
- Develop and present justifications for project(s) and/or the approaches used on the project.
- Lead multidisciplinary stakeholder groups to conceptualize processes and application of information technology as a strategic asset.
- Manage project planning, analysis, design, construction, implementation, and closure processes.
- Develop project charters, project work plans, and statements of work.
- Manage time, cost, risk, communications, human resources, contracts, and quality.
- Communicate at many levels, both internal and external to the client, including client executive and sponsors, Online executive, and the delivery team.
- Assist in developing project proposals and comprehensive project budgets.
- Develop standards, templates, and procedures to aid in the delivery of the required work products.
- Conduct needs assessments and process facilitation with clients to identify organizational, information, and integration requirements.
- Promote interoperability of business and technology, acting as the bridge between the business objectives and the technology requirements.
What we'd like
- 5+ years Project Management experience.
- PMP certification.
- Scrum Master Certification a strong asset.
- Prince 2 Practitioner certification an asset.
- Experience managing large and/or complex projects. Proven competency in managing an application development initiative and delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Knowledge of business issues and processes, such as Strategic Planning, Business Re-Engineering, IT solutions, and enabling technologies.
- Familiar with alternate delivery methodologies, e.g., waterfall, Agile.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Masters of Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Scrum experience preferred.
- Experience in custom application development or package deployment.
- Experience with enterprise-level software development.
- Someone who shares our core values.
What's in it for you?We have an amazing culture, supportive environment and team members who are both smart and fun to be around. We know everyone says that; but, if you join us, you'll be saying it too. We offer competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Professional Development budget and days.
- Tech-enablement program for home use.
- Career Mentor to help you grow in your career.
- RRSP/401K match program.
- Bonus programs to reward you for your accomplishments.
- Wellness program to help keep everyone healthy.
- Opportunities to connect - book clubs, game nights, Special Interest Groups, "Coffee & Code" for our developer friends, Team Meetings, and much more!