***We are leading this search on behalf of our client
Think you have what it takes to join an elite team of software developers, engineers, and data scientists? Do you want to make your mark on a national brand’s industry-leading technology? Perfect - Our client’s Data Engineering Team may be the place for you. They drive innovation by improving reliability, scalability, and performance of the network. The platform they have created is truly a world-class software.
Our client works closely with their team to be able to move quickly, take risks, and know how to manage those risks. As a company they are regularly refactoring to improve existing systems because as they see it - technical debt isn’t an excuse. They are constantly pushing their app’s technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges. They face challenges no one can predict and meet them head on as a team.
What you are responsible for:
- Work alongside Principal Engineers, Tech Leaders and Product Owners/Managers designing and implementing products and features.
- Delivering defined business goals.
- Fostering a strong team.
- Professional development of team members.
- Contributing and adhering to patterns and processes.
- Managing stakeholder expectations.
- Measuring success of the team.
- Using best practices to improve products/ services or processes
- Responsible for the performance and results of a team within their own discipline or function.
- Defining the team’s operating standards and practices.
- Day-to-day supervision of the team.
What you bring to the table:
- Understands working with and developing a team of Data Engineers.
- Manages the software development process from idea to release.
- Manages technical projects and deployments.
- Works independently and solves complex problems.
- Uses best practices to improve products, services, and processes.
- Manages shifting priorities; is flexible and proactive in a sometimes-unpredictable environment.
- Communicates effectively in person and in writing.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Ability to present ideas and influence peers and senior colleagues.
- In-depth understanding of Data Warehouse tools and techniques.
- In-depth understanding of Dimensional Modeling.
- Good understanding of Relational Databases and how to extract its data.
- Good understanding of cloud platforms, desirably AWS and GCP.
- Good understanding of how to drive an ownership culture within the team.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Lean and Kanban.
- Commercial experience, some of which has been working at a Senior to Principal level.
- Hands on experience with petabyte scale data platforms.
- Experience with incident management and root cause analysis.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality work and driving best practices across teams and departments.
- Successful stakeholder management experience.
- Business or accounting experience is useful.
- Proven leadership skills in coaching, mentoring, performance management, and related fields.
What they give back to you:
- The opportunity to work with industry-leading technology in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Taking part in building a major Canadian tech company that is growing every day AND the opportunity to grow with it. They will work with you to find your limits, and then help you surpass them. The more you contribute, the further you’ll go.
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- A culturally diverse environment including over 27 different languages represented within the organization
- The chance to work on projects and products that have global reach
If you have any questions, please contact our resident Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist - Marny Barnes or visit our Career Page for more opportunities! We are not able to hire (or sponsor) out-of-country applicants that do not have a current Permanent Resident Status or Work Visa.
Resolute Technology Solutions (https://www.resolutets.com/)