With our retail POS and management solutions found in over 20,000 stores, iQmetrix’s software is designed to power wireless retail and simplify the complexities of today’s connected consumer. We support retailers who are focused on delivering a unique, personalized experience to their customers. You can find our offices across Canada and the U.S. Learn more about us at www.iQmetrix.com.
About the Team You'd be Working On:
The Payment Solutions team builds software that integrates with credit card terminals / PIN pads, transfers funds between merchants and billers, and integrates with banks and other partners. We like to think of ourselves as a small fintech division within iQmetrix.
We are looking for talented intermediate and senior level developers to help grow our platform as we move towards high-availability systems, microservice architectures, and containerization with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Writing software solutions for back-end .NET and .NET Core services that meet product requirements and improve the stability, security, and maintainability of our systems
- Writing automated tests (unit, regression, integration, etc.) to ensure ongoing quality
- Peer reviewing the work of other developers
- Investigating and resolving defects
- Working with development leads and project stakeholders to define technical requirements for user stories
- Participating in daily stand-ups, sprint planning sessions, story planning exercises, and team retrospectives
- You have a few years experience writing back-end software solutions in C# or any other high-level language
- You care about delivering quality solutions that work right the first time
- You pride yourself in building maintainable software that is adaptable to change
- You believe that communication is critical in determining a project’s success
- You thrive on working collaboratively with a team to achieve common goals
- You can demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
Nice to Have's:
- Any banking, eCommerce, financial, or retail payment processing software experience
- Familiarity with secure development practices, encryption patterns, OWASP top 10
- PCI requirements for handling of cardholder data
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
What Does it Take to Be a Part of Our Team?
- Communication skills and emotional intelligence are key. iQmetrix is looking for someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making decisions decision.
- People who love what they do; they’re passionate about their work.
- With interpersonal skills, a team member can build strong relationships from scratch. We love that.
- Be humble. We’re on the hunt for, someone who is not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Profit and loss are major influencers on organizational decisions and our team has to have the big picture in mind—always.
- Being a self starter is a huge asset. This means being able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility, and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment, will go a long way at iQmetrix. Keep in mind: the iQmetrix team works in open, collaborative office environments. Successful people can thrive in this style of workspace.
- People who can stick by their decisions, since they did what they thought was best, will fit well into the iQmetrix team. These people are also not afraid to admit to and learn from their mistakes.
Want to Join the Team?
If you are interested in a career with iQmetrix and are committed to striving for success, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.