Server & Storage Technical Lead
With our retail POS and management solutions found in over 20,000 stores, iQmetrix’s software is designed to power wireless retail and simplify the complexities of today’s connected consumer. We support retailers who are focused on delivering a unique, personalized experience to their customers. You can find our offices across Canada and the U.S. Learn more about us at www.iQmetrix.com.
About the Role:
iQmetrix is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Senior Server Administrator to join our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) department as a Technical Lead for our Server & Storage area. SRE focuses on delivering platforms and standards for product development and delivery, with emphasis on automation and secure self-service platforms. Our team is distributed across Canada: onsite in Vancouver, Regina, and Winnipeg.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- 5+ Years of consulting and support experience
- Strong understanding of SAN systems
- Strong understanding of Hyper-V and/or VMware
- Strong understanding of Windows Failover Clustering
- Experience in an enterprise environment
- Strong understanding of Active Directory/DNS
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery experience
- Patch Management/Software deployment
- Project management and rollout experience
- Experience with other 3rd Party applications (please list them)
- PowerShell scripting experience
- Experience administering Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience with orchestration platforms like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience working with docker and containerized platforms
What Does it Take to Be a Part of Our Team?
- Communication skills and emotional intelligence are key. iQmetrix is looking for someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making decisions decision.
- People who love what they do; they’re passionate about their work.
- With interpersonal skills, a team member can build strong relationships from scratch. We love that.
- Be humble. We’re on the hunt for, someone who is not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Profit and loss are major influencers on organizational decisions and our team has to have the big picture in mind—always.
- Being a self starter is a huge asset. This means being able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility, and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment, will go a long way at iQmetrix. Keep in mind: the iQmetrix team works in open, collaborative office environments. Successful people can thrive in this style of workspace.
- People who can stick by their decisions, since they did what they thought was best, will fit well into the iQmetrix team. These people are also not afraid to admit to and learn from their mistakes.
Want to Join the Team?
If you are interested in a career with iQmetrix and are committed to striving for success, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.