Senior Python Software Developer
Match your skills to a career where you're not just doing a job; you're making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we're addressing the global challenge of feeding the world's growing population while reducing environmental impact. We're a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we're focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Senior Python Software Developer (Imagery Services)
Offices in Winnipeg, MB (Corporate Office), Lethbridge, AB, and Omaha, NE. Remote location will be considered.
Reporting to the Imagery Services Manager, as the Senior Python Software Developer you will be responsible for designing, creating, and curating the software for new and existing services.
Our talented Imagery Services team is growing to support new and existing geospatial initiatives. The team is responsible for the development and maintenance of scalable and reliable processing chains that provide big data ingest and analysis from multiple geospatial sources.
What you'll be doing:
- Create and productionize scalable data streaming pipelines;
- Participate in daily planning activities such as Scrum meetings;
- Develop and document tasks;
- Perform code reviews;
- Document internal and external source code;
- Automatic and manual testing
- Back end programming following software development life cycle;
- Troubleshoot deployed applications;
- Collaborate with the Web Services, Machine Learning, User Interface, Geospatial, Research and Development, Web services, Quality Assurance and other teams;
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience you'll need to succeed:
- Education in Computer Science with a focus on programming (Diploma, Degree, or Graduate studies);
- 3+ years of Python development;
- Agile / Scrum / SDLC methodologies;
- Revision control software (e.g. Git).
- Geospatial analytics and mapping tools (Geotrellis, GDAL,QGIS, and Geoserver);
- Development and deployment in cloud environments (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud);
- Familiarity with Containerization (Docker and Kubernetes).
We would love to see:
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Kafka, Elasticsearch, and Spark)
- Agriculture knowledge;
- Healthy pride of ownership in your work;
- A curious mind and strong initiative to take on independent learning;
- Strong communication and documentation skills;
- Experience working remotely on a dispersed team.
What you'll get:
- Competitive compensation;
- Employer matched retirement plan;
- Extensive Benefits package;
- Employer work perks program;
- The opportunity to expand your skill set while making impactful contributions to cutting-edge products.