Senior Network Administrator
Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon, Gardewine has grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of Gardewine’s operations is the dedication to their people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first.
Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, the Senior Network Administrator will be responsible for all network infrastructure related to Gardewine and its group of companies. This position will function in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects concurrently. Along with a drive to continually improve the IT landscape, the position requires strong technical, project management and communication skills to ensure multiple projects are moving forward simultaneously.
As the Senior Network Administrator, you will:
You and Your Experience:
- Support and maintain core network services such as LAN, WAN, backup, servers, storage, security and SaaS solutions
- Isolate, resolve and document all operational and technical opportunities
- Develop and maintain network management procedures and documentation.
- Perform failure/root cause analysis during the problem resolution process
- Respond effectively and professionally to customer support calls
- Perform internal audits on processes, infrastructure, security and best practices
- Participate in network technology evaluation and architecture planning
- Ensure all projects are planned, executed and finalized on time and within budget
- Monitor infrastructure to ensure SLAs are met.
- Support vendor related ITSM tools.
- Provide knowledge sharing and coaching to colleagues.
- Work closely with other IT team members on departmental goals and responsibilities
- Create reports and dashboards through the use of Business Intelligence analytics
Gardewine Group Inc. is comprised of 5 distinct divisions- General Freight, Dedicated Freight, Bulk Freight, Deck Freight and Moving and storage. Working together or individually, these divisions provide a comprehensive range of transportation services.
With more than 60 years’ experience in the trucking industry, Gardewine Group Inc. has grown to over 700 trucks and over 1,500 trailers, covering British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.jobs.peoplefirsthr.com or by emailing your resume (on MS WORD format) in confidence to Billy Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about this career opportunity, please feel free to contact Billy Stewart at (204) 938-4048.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
- 7+ years of experience as a Network or System Administrator.
- A University degree in Computer Science, College Diploma, or equivalent experience.
- Expert experience with planning, design and implementation of corporate networks & components/services including but not limited to enterprise firewalls, switches, servers, access points, backups and storage.
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365 and related applications.
- Advanced knowledge in VMware.
- Expert experience with Microsoft Server OS’ and services such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Advanced knowledge in providing and supporting leading edge IT related security solutions.