Senior Mobile Developer
Match your skills to a career where you're not just doing a job; you're making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we're addressing the global challenge of feeding the world's growing population while reducing environmental impact. We're a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we're focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Senior Mobile Developer (React Native/Redux)
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Mobile Developer will join a team responsible for developing and maintaining several mobile services and systems. This team strives to create scalable, and optimized solutions to provide our users with safe and efficient access to our mobile services.
We're looking for talented developers to join our software team. Our products support the needs of our customers and our own staff. We deliver leading edge software for the rapidly growing world of precision agriculture.
Duties may include the following:
- Creating intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces;
- Gathering information through interviews, focus groups, online research, etc.;
- Participating in daily planning activities such as Scrum meetings;
- Writing software that consumes data from a RESTful API;
- Lead the development of mobile app features;
- Clarifying requirements with Business analysts;
- Working to build consensus with other developers on technical implementation details of a feature;
- Ensuring there are consistent clear lines of communication with other development teams;
- Working individually and cooperatively with a team;
- Documenting internal and external source code;
- Implementing and/or utilizing testing solutions;
- Troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Participating in internal management meetings;
- Mentoring junior developers;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience in Modern Front End Web development or Mobile Development;
- Proficient in React / React Native / Redux / React-router / Redux-sagas;
- Native Android or iOS development experience;
- Familiar with webpack;
- Experience with Revision control software (e.g. Git/Github);
- Experience using Agile tools (e.g. Jira).
Would love to see:
- NodeJS (express/koa) experience;
- Experience with Bluetooth;
- Comfortable working in both a cooperative environment and be willing to work independently on assigned tasks;
- Creative, motivated, resourceful and passionate about what they do;
- Previous experience with mobile focused development considered a strong asset.
Training will be provided in the initial stages, but some independent learning will be expected.