Senior Full Stack Developer
Match your skills to a career where you're not just doing a job; you're making an impact every single day.
At Farmers Edge, we're addressing the global challenge of feeding the world's growing population while reducing environmental impact. We're a diverse group of thinkers and doers, motivated by challenges, curiosity and bold ideas. Our culture is the foundation of our company, connecting innovation and disruption with the passion that drives us. From the software and digital tools that we create to the conversations we share; the collective force of our team is influencing revolutionary changes in agriculture to bring new levels of sustainability and opportunity to farmers and agricultural professionals.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, we're focused on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. Working with high-quality data sets, cloud connectivity, AI-driven algorithms and predictive models across web, mobile and app platforms, we offer a range of roles in multiple locations where you can build impactful, data-driven experiences and feel empowered to make a difference.
Join us to work with a company whose team is as innovative as its products. Together, we can make the impossible, possible.
Senior Full Stack Developer
Location: Corporate Office, Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Manager of Full Stack Development, the Senior Full Stack Developer will be a key part of a team responsible for developing and maintaining several web-based software systems and services. This team strives to create scalable, and optimized solutions to provide our users with safe and efficient access to our online services.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces;
- Writing software that consumes data from a RESTful API;
- Creating and maintaining organized, efficient data models and APIs;
- Back end programming following software development life cycle;
- Participating in daily planning activities such as Scrum meetings;
- Troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Participating in internal management meetings;
- Developing and documenting tasks as well as performing code reviews;
- Troubleshooting deployed applications;
- Collaborating with various development, DevOps, Data Science, and R&D teams within the organization;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience;
- Experience working with the following Frontend technologies:
- Modern Front End Web development & functional programming paradigms;
- React / Redux / React-router / Redux-sagas / Reselect / Leaflet / React-leaflet;
- Common tools such as webpack, npm;
- Revision control software (e.g. Git/Github);
- Agile tools (e.g. Jira).
- Experience working with the following Backend technologies:
- Cloud environment experience (AWS, Azure, or GCE);
- Experience with container tools like Docker and Kubernetes;
- Python / Django development experience;
- Experience with message brokers like RabbitMQ and Kafka.
We would love to see:
- Experience with the following would be desirable, but not required:
- Native Android or iOS development (Swift, Obj-C);
- Comfortable working in both a cooperative environment and independently on assigned tasks;
- Creative, motivated, resourceful and passionate;
- Strong communication & troubleshooting skills.
Training will be provided, but independent learning will also be expected.
What you'll get:
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive compensation;
- Extensive benefits package;
- Employer matched DPSP retirement plan;
- Enterprise level experience with complex systems and technically challenging work.