With our retail POS and management solutions found in over 20,000 stores, iQmetrix’s software is designed to power wireless retail and simplify the complexities of today’s connected consumer. We support retailers who are focused on delivering a unique, personalized experience to their customers. You can find our offices across Canada and the U.S. Learn more about us at www.iQmetrix.com.
Purpose: Providing robust observability platforms, processes, and standards for iQmetrix products
- Leading and managing multiple teams to steer the overall technical strategy, architecture and development of observability platforms in use for various iQmetrix products
- Growing the practices of observability within the Site Reliability Engineering group, as well as the Product & Technology team overall
- Directing the creation and optimization of processes and tooling used to provide and maintain observability platforms and services
- Collaborating continuously with the product development teams to implement observability platforms that meet the needs of product development
- Determining and communicating the architectural and technical strategy to teammates and stakeholders
- Making appropriate trade-off decisions between short and long-term objectives
- Performing analysis of the current practices and deficiencies to recommend and implement best practices and emerging concepts, with a strong focus on automation and tooling over processes
- Integrating feedback from clients into our observability platforms
- Integrating feedback from post-incident analysis into our observability platforms
- Approving the technical design of major projects and initiatives from an observability perspective
- Standardizing the observability platform choices in the environment while maximizing visibility into the various products and solutions built and used at iQmetrix
- Providing on call support for observability platforms in production
- Participating with the rest of the SRE leadership team to determine and move forward with SRE technical strategy and direction
- Participating with the rest of the Product and Technology leadership team to determine overall strategy and direction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build trust and relationships with a variety of technical and business stakeholders
- Strong analytic and problem-solving capabilities with drive for continuous improvement
- Experience leading and managing a distributed technical team
- Project management and ability to delegate tasks effectively
- Passionate about innovation and emerging technology
What Does it Take to Be a Part of Our Team?
- Communication skills and emotional intelligence are key. iQmetrix is looking for someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making decisions decision.
- People who love what they do; they’re passionate about their work.
- With interpersonal skills, a team member can build strong relationships from scratch. We love that.
- Be humble. We’re on the hunt for, someone who is not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Profit and loss are major influencers on organizational decisions and our team has to have the big picture in mind—always.
- Being a self starter is a huge asset. This means being able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility, and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment, will go a long way at iQmetrix. Keep in mind: the iQmetrix team works in open, collaborative office environments. Successful people can thrive in this style of workspace.
- People who can stick by their decisions, since they did what they thought was best, will fit well into the iQmetrix team. These people are also not afraid to admit to and learn from their mistakes.
Want to Join the Team?
If you are interested in a career with iQmetrix and are committed to striving for success, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.