Posting No: 119402
Closing Date: January 21, 2021
Under the general direction of the Manager, Managed Hosting, the Middleware Coordinator organizes, controls, plans, leads and coordinates the provision through subordinates of:
- Database Management Services
- Web Services
- Exchange Services
- SharePoint Services
Planning includes defining goals, establishing strategy, and developing plans to coordinate activities. This position is required to produce results within a general frame of reference toward specific objectives while dealing with many related variables and frequent changes. Work applies technological solutions to business problems across the City. Work situations require analysis, interpretation and constructive thinking. Work achievements are dependent upon performance of subordinates.
As the Middleware Coordinator, you will:
- Manage the activities of the work unit by developing and implementing the work unit component of the business plan and providing technical and commercial leadership for the service area.
- Be responsible for the financial viability of the service area (by ensuring optimal service delivery efficiency, service functionality and customer service)
- Provide vision and direction setting related to service delivery
- Partner with other service providers to ensure best possible service options and service delivery to customers.
- Manage the group’s budgeting and chargeback process.
- Oversee the provision of the work unit services to customers by managing the implementation and operation of Database Management, Web, Exchange and SharePoint Services.
- Lead Customer Relationship Management activities by setting and managing customer expectations, and ensuring the effective coordination between the customer and the work unit.
- Lead Service Management activities by determining which services to offer based on established understanding and appreciation of customer needs.
- Proactively evolve services to meet the changing needs of the customers and take advantage of technology improvements.
- Lead Business Analysis and Consulting activities; liaise with City department management and IT personnel in order to identify technical solutions which will address stated business needs.
- Lead Resource Management activities, perform staffing of projects within the work unit through identification of resource requirements, matching of requirements to possible resources and arranging for those resources.
- Lead Project Management activities by managing IT projects and programs with business process owners.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or a related degree.
- An Information System Professional designation and ITIL certification is desirable
- Five years progressive work experience in Information Technology in a combination of the following technologies; Database Management software administration (Oracle and MS SQL Server) Windows operating system software and web services (IIS), Exchange and SharePoint services, Microsoft 365, cloud based technologies and solutions, and middleware program projects.Demonstrated Knowledge of the ITIL framework and experience with ITIL services.
- Demonstrated technical ability and the demonstrated ability to envision, create, plan, organize, integrate, evaluate, coach, and meet client needs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership that promotes an organizational culture conducive to the development of a highly motivated workforce, where initiative, creativity and innovation are required, encouraged and nurtured.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direction to technical staff in a dynamic, diverse, and unionized team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with customers to understand their needs and develop and implement effective solutions while delivering high quality customer service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the economic, environmental and general technical aspects of the IT industry.
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication techniques and to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders with multiple interests.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with a wide variety of groups and manage those relationships to ensure effective service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results in a complex and diverse environment with many concurrent competing priorities.
- Detailed knowledge of the City's enterprise IT goals and objectives.
- In depth knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices and of the organization's IT infrastructure
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/. For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ's or contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
The salary range for this position is $3,162.54 - $4,257.48 as per the Grade 5 classification within the WAPSO Collective Agreement.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. INDIGENOUS PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.