Innovation, Transformation & Technology
Posting No: 119562
Closing Date: March 9, 2021
Under the general direction of the Supervisor of Application Solutions/Supervisor of Research and Development, the Information Systems Specialist assumes responsibility for independently undertaking small and medium projects for the development, support, and operation of information systems or participates on large size projects to develop and implement the information systems required.
Information Systems Specialist, you will:
Your education and qualifications include:
- Responsible for delivering high quality work products throughout the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Design small to medium information systems.
- Develop (constructs) information systems with highest quality and on schedule to meet customers’ needs.
- Develop and support C#, VB.NET, JQuery, and ASP.NET applications using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Producing accurate and complete documentation throughout the SDLC.
- Keeping supervisor and / or team leader up to date on your progress.
- Maintain and support existing information system technologies.
- Perform related duties consistent with the classification as required.
Conditions of employment:
- A university degree or community college diploma related to Software Engineering or Computer Science or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of five years progressive experience in an application systems development and/or maintenance environment.
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architectures.
- Four years’ experience with the skill sets listed below;
- MS SQL Server and/or Oracle database
- Experience with creating reusable API.
- Experience with learning new technologies, business rules, .NET based frameworks and design methodologies.
- Ability to work with and manipulate data found in various formats.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of stakeholders and the general public.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of stakeholders and the general public.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to respond to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement in fast paced, and often, stressful conditions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and develop strong working relationships with colleagues. Ability to provide technical guidance and mentor junior staff.
- Ability to analyze customer requirements to design and develop a solution to meet the business need.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory would be an asset.
- Experience with: Angular, SignalR, .NET Core, Kendo UI, GIT, NuGet Packages, TDD, VB.NET, ASP.NET, VBScript ,Crystal Reports, ASP, VB6, Python, PowerShell, Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, XML, AJAX, Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server environment, DEVOPS and CI/CD, Docker, Azure would be assets.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense.
- Ability to perform on-call and occasional off-hours work is required.
APPLY ONLINE, including all documentation listed below:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
*Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.*
- Current resume AND/OR Application Form (Required).
Online applications can be submitted in PeopleSoft through the Careers tile on the Employee Self Service homepage. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
Position Type: Permanent
Salary: Salary Schedule A1 $ 2,622.80 - $3,522.36 Biweekly (Grade 3)*
Salary Schedule A2 $ 2,622.80 - $3,433.81 Biweekly (Grade 3)*
Hours of Work: 8:30-16:30
Employee Group: WAPSO
*Salary Schedule A-1 will apply to employees of the City hired prior to October 21, 2001. Salary Schedule A-2 will apply to all other employees of the City. Salary Schedule A-2 will apply to all WAPSO employees who are promoted regardless of date of hire with the City.
- Applicants may be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, abilities and skills as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. INDIGENOUS PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.