Game Design Mathematician
We’re seeking a mathematician with expertise in online gaming to define and create math and game designs to enhance the digital gaming experience across digital platforms for lotteries. The Game Mathematician will collaborate with designers and developers throughout the development cycle. This new role reports into our Director, Digital Games Studio and will have the opportunity to develop digital games as well as to work cross-functionally with designers, developers and product and project managers.
What You’ll Do
- Create the math models that drive engagement and entertainment for new digital game concepts
- Verify the statistical output of simulations for new game development
- Produce accurate and detailed oriented documentation to ensure compliance with regulations in various markets
- Participate in concept meetings to brainstorm and create new game ideas
- Produce and maintain accurate and detailed documentation for each game design and math model
- Participate in and provide constructive feedback on game elements (art, sound, animations)
- Assess stakeholder feedback on math and game design to ensure feedback is taken on board and addressed throughout the development process
- Play test and provide feedback to the development team to ensure the quality of the game design
- Conduct market research on current game mechanic and math trends and provide research to relevant team members
- Collaborate with Remote Gaming Server development team to enhance game mechanics, advanced features, etc.
- Collaborate with team leads to define innovative and engaging mechanics and prize structures
- Collaborate with directors and analyst to understand game content needs
Who You Are
- Passionate about storytelling through game design
- Able to communicate big ideas and creative thinking
- Innovative and creative, comfortable working in unconventional ways
- Results-oriented with proven experience
- Eager to use data insights to achieve positive outcomes
- Highly motivated and collaborative
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years designing and developing math models and game designs for casino and/or lottery gaming
- Excellent knowledge of slot game and/or lottery game mathematics
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the casino and/or lottery gaming marketplace
- Ability to analyze statistics and understand performance trends
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to email@example.com.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.