EDI Application Analyst
Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon, Gardewine has grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of Gardewine’s operations is the dedication to their people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first.
Reporting to the Manager of IT, the Application Analyst will be responsible for all aspects related to Gardewine’s suite of enterprise applications with a large focus on EDI. This position will function in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects concurrently. The position requires strong technical, project management and communication skills to ensure multiple customer projects are moving forward simultaneously. This includes systems maintenance, development, documentation, planning, control and support.
As the EDI Application Analyst, you will:
- Coordinate with external EDI system vendors and customers on new account setups, account changes and system integration
- Management of ERP project priorities, expectations and timelines
- Collaborate with ERP Software providers, manage and assist with software development requests including updates, alterations, troubleshooting and projects
- Ensure a clear understanding exists regarding Gardewine processes and enterprise application requirements
- Ensure all projects are planned, executed and finalized on time and within budget
- Monitor ERP system backup processes and performance
- Management of EDI/TMS functionality and performance (The primary EDI transactions used are: 204, 210, 211, 214, 990, 997).
- Manage vendor related ITSM tools.
- Provide knowledge sharing and coaching to colleagues.
- Work closely with other IT team members on departmental goals and responsibilities
- Ensure documentation is maintained and validated
- Create reports and dashboards through the use of Business Intelligence analytics
You and Your Experience:
- Secondary education in 2+ year IT related program
- 3+ years EDI Industry support experience
- 3+ yeas IT enterprise application support experience.
- Background in the trucking industry considered an asset
- Project management experience with successful delivery of required outcomes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Experience with Microsoft Server OS’ and Linux & MAC OS considered an asset
- You are customer focused and able identify and meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Strong attention to details
- Possess strong communication skills- written and verbal
Gardewine Group Inc. is comprised of 5 distinct divisions- General Freight, Dedicated Freight, Bulk Freight, Deck Freight and Moving and storage. Working together or individually, these divisions provide a comprehensive range of transportation services.
With more than 60 years’ experience in the trucking industry, Gardewine Group Inc. has grown to over 700 trucks and over 1,500 trailers, covering British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.jobs.peoplefirsthr.com or by emailing your resume along with a cover letter (on MS WORD format) in confidence to Billy Stewart at email@example.com.
For further information about this career opportunity, please feel free to contact Billy Stewart at (204) 938-4048.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.