Position: Part Time (opportunity for the role to evolve and develop with company growth!)
Location: Flexible (Headquarters in Winnipeg, Canada) | Work from Home
Reports to: Marketing Stakeholders / Sr. Marketing Manager
We’re looking for a skilled and passionate Designer to join our growing team!
The ideal candidate has experience in UI and graphic design and is excited to collaborate in an agile, high-growth startup environment! We are looking for a designer that will leverage their creative and analytical skill sets to deliver on-brand visual assets for social and sales content, mockup high-fidelity designs, and execute design strategy inline with Hoot’s user-focused vision. The candidate is a driven, self-starter that will thrive working across platforms and products, is flexible and prepared to roll up their sleeves to help wherever is needed, and is prepared to ensure great user experiences!
This role has the potential to evolve into a full-time opportunity in the future!
The successful candidate will:
- Develop design strategy for multiple customer facing assets, including our web app, website, emails, and social and sales channels
- Elevate cross-platform design (including e-commerce performance) for success with diverse (age and geographic location) user groups
- Thoughtfully design marketing assets that can be leveraged for website landing pages, digital creative, email, sales materials, and social media, including creating and visualizing copy as needed
- Work with tech, operations, and marketing stakeholders to identify innovative opportunities to deliver value to users inline with design and business objectives
- Maintain a pipeline of mid-long term initiatives and work to effectively achieve them in an agile development environment
- Apply design best practices of leaders in the high-growth tech and ed-tech spaces
This job is for you if you:
- Have 2+ years related experience in an agency, marketing environment, or UI/UX design role (recent college or university graduates are also encouraged to apply)
- Have post-secondary training in visual design (considered a high-value asset, not required)
- Have exceptional skills in graphic design, typography, production and colour correction
- Have experience with developing design visions and strategies that correspond to product development roadmaps and business objectives
- Comfortable making user-driven decisions, setting milestones for design discovery, and tracking progress
- Have exceptional skills in web design, conceiving UI flow, and composing and producing visual assets
- Proficient in graphic and visual design softwares including Adobe Suite, InVision and other similar software
- Have excellent attention to detail, interpersonal/communication skills, and organizational skills for proactive, self-motivated success
- Are a deadline-driven performer with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Are able to think strategically and creatively, and execute with excellence.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send salary expectations (hourly rate), a resume, and a brief paragraph on why you would like to join our team to email@example.com. A portfolio accompanying an application will be considered a significant asset. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Hoot Reading values an inclusive and diverse workplace and value applications from underrepresented groups.