TA/Full Time Employment Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Initiatives Delivery, the IT Project Manager provides project management services to Information Technology Services (ITS). The incumbent guides the efforts of ITS, business units, and external vendors to achieve project objectives, while balancing competing project constraints of scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources and risks. Project assignments will vary in number, size and complexity, depending on business needs.
• Apply project management methodology and standards for effective project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing of assigned projects, through extensive knowledge and application of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
• Ensure the project includes all the work required, and only the work required, to complete the project successfully.
• Define and sequence activities, estimate resources and durations, and develop, manage and control the project schedule.
• Plan, manage and control project budget and expenditures to ensure the project is completed within the approved budget.
• Ensure project and product requirements are met and validated.
• Plan, acquire, develop and manage the project team.
• Ensure stakeholder’s information needs and requirements are planned, managed and controlled.
• Use effective project risk management methods to increase the likelihood and impact of positive events and decrease the likelihood and impact of negative events on the project.
• Collaborate with Procurement to purchase or acquire products and services from outside the project team.
• Manage stakeholder satisfaction as a key project objective.
• Initiate and collaborate with organizational Change Management to ensure alignment of project delivery with the organizational change management activities.
• Collaborate with the IT Project Portfolio Manager to ensure efficient and effective integration between past, current and future projects.
• Collaborate with resource managers and other project managers to coordinate resource utilization and to ensure conflicting objectives are resolved early in the respective planning phases.
• Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture (EA) to ensure project delivered solutions are assessed against EA principles, standards, and methodology.
• Ensure project documentation is organized and filed per departmental standards.
• Work with ITS and business stakeholders to ensure project outputs are successfully transitioned into operations.
• Encourage a climate that supports diversity.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Completion of a recognized degree or diploma program in an IT related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, certification and experience.
• Enrollment in, or completion of, a recognized project management certificate or diploma program.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an information technology environment, with a demonstrated proficiency in leading and managing technology projects.
• Knowledge and application of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
• Ongoing professional development and upgrading is required to maintain designations and stay current with changes in the industry.
• Maintain active membership in the Project Management Institute (PMI).
• Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to analyze and solve problems independently using good judgment, strong leadership and organizational skills, adoption of best practices, strong initiative and ability as a self-starter, and budget management.
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to deliver on responsibilities when working from a home/remote office
• The core competencies for this position include achieving quality results, adaptability/managing change, communication, customer service, decision making and problem solving, integrity and building trust, teamwork and cooperation and valuing diversity.
• Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
• Ongoing industry designation – Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince2 certification – is an asset.
• Experience working in an agile environment is an asset.
• Knowledge of ITIL, business and systems analysis, application development and software quality assurance methods are assets.
• Knowledge of the gaming, retail, and/or distribution industries are assets.
Bargaining Unit: TBD
Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.mbll.ca/jobs
All applications are due by February 24, 2021.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.