Position: Full Time
Location: Flexible (Headquarters in Winnipeg, Canada) | Work from Home
Reports to: Co-founder & Co-CEO
Hoot Reading is one of Canada’s fastest growing EdTech startups! We connect emerging readers and real teachers to practice reading over our proprietary video chat App. We are expanding and are looking for a talented, critical thinker with proven operational experience in scaling a service based business. This is an excellent opportunity to make a tangible contribution within an entrepreneurial tech company that is disrupting the traditional tutoring industry.
Working closely with the Co-founder and the Director of Operations this Operations leader will focus on building, assessing and optimizing our operational practices to ensure we can efficiently scale to meet our high growth objectives, while ensuring our customer experience and value remains high.
THIS JOB IS PERFECT FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO:
- Devise and implement process, policy and best practices to ensure exceptional customer experience for our parents and teachers
- Improve existing processes by mapping current workflows and working closely with our tech team to leverage our current systems for automation, reporting and data management
- Raise awareness of operational pressure points and problem solve by making recommendations with a clear action plan
- Support implementation of new operational initiatives through project management, data gathering, reporting, and analysis, and training team
- Design and maintain a capacity and forecast model to meet day to day and ongoing program demands
- Build a scalable process for teacher recruiting and training to ensure our recruiting funnel output aligns with capacity needs
- Design and develop a quality assurance program by defining standards, collecting data, measuring results and implementing coaching and development initiatives.
- Ensures open communication between operations and the support functions to create consistency and clarity of direction on operational projects and priorities. Work closely with marketing and sales on product and campaign launches.
- Develop clear reporting on key operations efficiency metrics and business KPIs
- Collect, review and analyze performance data in all operational areas, daily, weekly and month to month.
- As a member of the leadership team, be accountable for all service and operational outcomes and work with other department leaders to achieve company objectives
AND WHO HAS/IS:
- 8+ years experience in business and operations
- Experience with business process management, operational strategy (whether within industry or as a consultant)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and closely with large and small teams.
- Experience with using and managing CRM systems, HR and applicant tracking systems (Experience with Zoho considered an asset)
- Analytically sound with the ability to manage business by numbers and KPIs
- A self starter; ability to thrive in a face paced, constantly changing environment
- Highly organized; strong personal planning and project organization
- Critical thinker and problem solver; the ability to independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Entrepreneurial mindset; exciting about growing their career and the ability to shape the direction of the company
- Accountable; executes ideas, oversee outcomes and help improve our profitability metrics
- Open and transparent leader, humble and open to diverse perspectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; MBA, CPA or advanced degree preferred
HOW TO APPLY: We are considering VP and Director level candidates. Please send salary expectations, a resume, and a brief paragraph on why you would like to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Hoot Reading values an inclusive and diverse workplace and value applications from underrepresented groups.