Manager, Disability Solutions & Shared Services
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Manager, Disability Solutions & Shared Services
The Life and Disability operation is currently engaged in a multi-year, multi-million dollar strategic roadmap to replace our legacy technology with a new integrated suite of systems to support our operation and provide new value for our clients.
The Manager, Disability Solutions & Shared Services, provides leadership to the Disability Solutions team, overseeing the innovation, enhancement, and support of technology that is used in managing Life & Disability claims. These 25+ systems are used by 1,200 staff nationally to support nearly 140,000 Canadians each year to maintain financial stability while facing adverse life events, resulting in the payment of $1.8B claims annually.
What you will do
- Accountable for the overall health of Life and Disability claim systems and tools, including:
- Development of new and existing claim systems to support Group Customer for many years to come, leveraging emerging technologies to meet current and future business and customer needs;
- Management of the allotted pool of monies for enhancements and critical maintenance to meet the current business and customer needs, and oversees the associated projects to meet objectives, budget and timelines;
- Operation and development of the tools, databases and processes required to develop and distribute reports.
- Work closely with stakeholders in Life & Disability Operations to identify opportunities for enhancements to systems or process, prioritize work, develop solutions, and ensure change readiness;
- Work closely with partners in GC Tech and Digital Hub to ensure alignment on goals, solutions, and system budgets;
- Work closely with partners in associated financial teams to analyze our data to better understand operational performance and trends;
- In partnership with the Director, Claim Solutions, build/revise/prioritize the strategic roadmap for system development;
- Leadership of approximately 25 staff members, with 4 direct reports. This includes overall oversight of the performance management, hiring recruitment, engagement surveys, annual salary adjustments, training plans, development, mentoring and coaching of these individuals;
- High-level accountability and ownership for productivity, time service, and quality targets being met by the team.
What you will bring
- Post-secondary education related to business or information systems;
- 10 years of experience in a technical role with increasing degrees of leadership responsibility;
- Solution focused – enjoys the challenge of problem solving;
- Demonstrated business analysis skills. IIBA, Lean Six Sigma or other analysis/process certifications are an asset;
- Project management or change management training and/or experience;
- Drives innovation - fosters an environment that encourages new approaches and challenges the status quo;
- A strong customer view;
- Collaborative mindset to build relationships across functions and the business;
- Well-developed communication skills in order to effectively liaise with multiple, varied stakeholder groups;
- Knowledge of Group Life & Disability business and Group Insurance systems is an asset.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted