We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
Are you passionate about leading and mentoring a team of change agents-a.k.a. Business Analysts? Do you thrive on helping to bridge the gap between Technology and Business? Do you want to lead your team to create innovative solutions for your customers? If this sounds like you, we have an exciting opportunity to tell you about! We are seeking an Associate Manager for our Group Life and Disability team, an integral part of our Group Plan Member Services organization.
In the Group Life and Disability organization we are focused on improving the financial, physical, and mental well being of our customers. We are currently engaged in a multi-year, multi-million-dollar, strategic technology roadmap that will bring transformative change to our operations and provide new value for our customers.
What you will do:
- Be accountable for the overall health of Life and Disability claim systems and tools, including:
- Developing new and existing claim systems leveraging emerging technologies to meet current and future business and customer needs;
- Working closely with stakeholders to identify opportunities for enhancements to systems or process, prioritize work, develop solutions, and ensure change readiness;
- Partnering with our technology team to develop the solutions and achieve mutual goals;
- Minimizing impact of system outages by ensuring responsiveness from all departments, providing timely communication and preventative root cause analysis;
- Leading, planning and resourcing the projects to align with required timelines and budget.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Have leadership of a growing team of business analysts and leaders. This includes overall oversight of the performance management, hiring recruitment, engagement surveys, annual salary adjustments, training plans, development, mentoring and coaching of these individuals.
Our ideal preference for location is Winnipeg, however we have the flexibility for the successful candidate to be based from Winnipeg, Toronto, London or Regina.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
- Post-secondary education related to business or information systems, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience leading large or complex technology or business projects;
- Demonstrated business analysis skills. IIBA, Lean Six Sigma or other analysis/process certifications are an asset ;
- Solution focused – enjoys the challenge of problem solving;
- Project management or change management training and/or experience;
- Well-developed communication skills in order to effectively liaise with multiple, varied stakeholder groups;
- Strong coaching, mentoring and leadership experience;
- Collaborative mindset to build relationships across functions and the business;
- Knowledge of Group Life & Disability business and Group Insurance systems is an asset.
Apply through our website: