What is behind "The Great Resignation?" As competition for tech talent grows fiercer in Manitoba, organizations must find alternatives to keep their operations staffed and effective.
The Vanishing Employee: Purpose Driven Retention half-day workshop incorporates best practices in people management, workplace culture, remote leadership, and employer brand with current research in employee motivations that will equip attendees with new approaches and strategies to retain critical talent.
This workshop is best suited for firms in the Manitoba Tech sector, particularly individuals accountable for employee hiring and retention, as well as those responsible for corporate culture.
- The Manitoba landscape: background on 'the great resignation', a look into data from MB-specific employer concerns and imperatives of ROI on retention strategies
- Retention: What's within an employer's control? How to manage risk when departures have already started
- Culture Building: Culture in remote environments, importance of inclusivity, relationships & structures, and constructive vs. avoidant cultures
- Leading Hybrid Teams: Hybrid teams require all the steps for remote teams but add the complication of in-group/out-group tensions.
- Role of Leadership: Leading remote teams, EQ and communication, vital leadership skills, and building resiliency
Deanna Lanoway, Vice President, Strategic HR Consulting, People First HR
Deanna leverages over 20 years of experience leading academic, corporate and not-for-profit organizations and is passionate about helping Canadian firms innovate with the power of talented people. Prior to joining PFHR, Deanna worked in the space of university-industry-government relations with a national research and training organization covered by Canada's research universities. As Vice President, Deanna directed exponential growth of Canada's largest soft-skills program for graduate students. Deanna is passionate about creating healthy and dynamic work environments, with experience I'm employee engagement, organizational design, EDI, and leading strategic changes.
About People First HR Services:
People First HR Services was founded in 2001 with a mission to provide end-to-end human resource solutions. We contribute substantially to the success of our clients by working with them to recruit top talent, discover the full potential of each of their employees, maximize the collective strength of a highly engage workforce and assist in the exiting process when it's time to part ways. We work directly with you to support your human resource needs, helping you get the most out of your organizational goals.