Leadership at a Time of Crisis: Managing Your New Remote Team
For many, the state of the workplace has changed dramatically due to the Covid-19 virus. And now more than ever, the most important responsibility in an organization is leading its people. Leaders will set the tone for how successfully teams are able to navigate this crisis. In these sessions, we will share best practices for leading through a crisis and managing a newly remote team.
Learning Outcomes, the Leader Will:
- Learn best practices for leading through a crisis.
- Build trust in a changing environment.
- Define their role and their responsibility to their team as a remote leader.
- Diagnose performance problems, determine the appropriate problem-solving tools and successfully resolve issues remotely.
- Effectively utilize a mix of tools and strategies to build commitment and lead remotely.
- Build relationships during this period of uncertainty and change.
- Understand the various remote work tools and best practices.
Session 1: Leading during a Crisis and Switching to Remote work
- Leading through a crisis – best practices
- Building trust in a changing environment
- Your role as a remote leader
- Making time to lead
- Best practices to making this quick switch to remote leadership
- Gauging the engagement level of your remote team members
- Remote work tools & letting go
Session 2: Know your People, Communication, Feedback and Moving Forward
- Building relationships and knowing your people
- Playing to strengths
- Communication strategies for remote work
- Setting and Managing expectations
- Giving feedback remotely
- Don’t task, delegate!
- Managing the outliers
- Transitioning back to normal after a crisis